What a Day




















So Sunday was a wonderful day like any other here. Cristina and I took some of the girls up to the roof and we made up and taught them a dance to the song Jai Ho by the Pussycat Dolls. It's from the movie Slumdog Millionaire and has a nice Indian vibe to it so the girls absolutely loved it. They were super excited to have us teaching them a dance and Gail was videotaping it which made it extra fun. I feel bad because I don't know the boys here as well, but they play on their own and with each other more whereas the girls really like to spend time with Cristina and me. Cristina has the videos on her computer so if anyone is up for a photo/video screening when I come home I'd love to have one!
Alright so everything is going great, the girls are dancing and are so adorable and THEN....dun dun dunnnnn.....Everyone is thirsty. So Cristina volunteers herself to go get water, and when she returned I was talking to Gail, her daughter Erin, and Lisa. When I walked back over to the girls, I saw this green pitcher of water sitting on the side and just assumed Cristina had brought it up. Big mistake! Thinking nothing of it, I helped myself to a few big gulps and it was so refreshing. As it turns out, that was not the water Cristina brought up and was instead some random pitcher of unfiltered water. If you ever come to Nepal, do NOT drink the unfiltered water. I've been sick now for over 24 hours :( I wanted to lay down yesterday but I didn't want to miss the arrival of THE CAR!!!!!!!! That's right, the car came yesterday!!! It was so exciting and it's b-e-a-utiful. I was upstairs with some of the kids when we heard the beep beep as it pulled through the gate, and then shouts and screams of "Maggie! The Car! Maggie's here! The car is here!" echoed through the house. It's going to be a wonderful thing for Kopila.
My stomach held out just long enough to see all the excitement, and then I made my way to bed, where I have been ever since. My stomach is feeling much better so now if my headache and dizziness when I sit up would go away I'd be good to go. So keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow I'm back up and about.
This is going to be a short one since I'm obviously not feeling too hot, but I wanted to give a little update.

Oh and on a positive note, my legs are starting to look human again!! I now worship at the feet of corticosteroid cream as it has allowed my mosquito bites to heal wonderfully :)

And one more thing....please pardon my grammar as I tend to take a bit of a poetic license on here and write the way I would speak as if I were just talking about my day. I hope you don't mind!

That's all for now. Goodbye!!!

2 Response to "What a Day"

  1. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for keeping us posted dude. Hope you are feeling better. I love the way you write on hear! I can hear you talking in my head. :)
    Love and miss you lots,
    Margaret

  2. Unknown Says:

    Lol...excuse my grammer too! Here hear! Whatever! God bless everyone tring to teach English!

Post a Comment